ATTITUDE FOR A FLOURISHING LIFE – Dr. Amos Fenwa
“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:” Phil 2:5
Other Reference Scripture: Psalm 92:1-15.
It is necessary that we have the right attitudes at all times, because your attitude determines your altitude. An attitude goes a long way in determining who we become. Show gratitude to your parents, pastors and everyone who has impacted your life positively because they have been a blessing to you.
What then is an attitude?
- It is an inward feeling that displays the outward behaviour.
- It is the perspective that affects the posture of people. How we see things in life determines how we do things.
- It is the disposition that displays your action. In order to attract things we need to do things differently.
ATTITUDES NEEDED FOR A FLOURISHING YEAR 2017
The following attitudes are needed to have a flourishing new year:
- Attitude of gratitude 34:1: It is important to give thanks at all times irrespective of what life toasts at you. Have the attitude of gratitude even when the promises of God are yet to be fulfilled in your life. A grateful person gives glory to God with ease. If there is nothing to be grateful for, thank God for life and good health.
- Attitude of Planning: Plan your life this year because those who fail to plan their lives authomatically plan to fail. Make plans to improve your time management, career, money, family and business to live a better life. Planning set the spirit at alert to do things that we intend to do.
FACTS ABOUT PLANNING
- Planning is a written picture of your goal.
- Planning is the secret of the champion.
- Planning eliminates wrong move from your schedule.
- Planning focuses your attention on where it is needed most.
- Planning requires discipline and determination.
- Planning means thinking on paper.
- Planning reveals the shortest route to where you are going.
Be time conscious. Learn to write things down because there is a limit to what your brain can store. Great people alwys plan ahead and they are goal planner. There is a difference between a goal and a wish, which we often mistake for one another. You are to set goals for your life and your goals must be SMART.
T: Time bound
- Attitude of service: Be conscious of God and seek Him every day this year. Get God involved in everything you intend to do. Serve God selflessly and let your service be seen by God, not serving to impress any man. Service to God is a good reason for Him to bless you.
There are attitudes that will make you successful in 2017. Get set for a successful year because nothing will be able to stop you. Happy flourishing 2017.
COVENANT PRACTICES FOR A FLOURISHING LIFE
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:” Ephesian 1:3.
“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” Galatians 3:13.
There are steps and actions that make people flourish. To flourish means to have everything you want, to enjoy life, to live well, to thrive. Every blessing of God has pre-requisite, things to do to make things happen. Blessing, making money, greater height in life are not just a product of your background or what you study there is a place of grace – how well you know and relate with God.
One of the cheapest ways to enjoy God is by covenant. Covenant is very powerful force. Till date, the generation of Abraham still continue to enjoy the covenant their father had with God. When the blessing of Abraham is on you, every other blessing is at your reach.
WHAT IT IS A COVENANT?
Covenant is an agreement between two people to do something for each other. God is a ‘covenantor’ while we are the ‘covenantee’.
- Covenant of service. Service to God is not by church attendance, anybody can attend church. Service is to place priority on the things of God. Service to God makes you a participator not a spectator. Serve God with all your heart and might. Serve Him with your your time, talent and treasure. God is not a blind promoter. “And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.”
- Covenant of first fruit. “…As for the oblation of the first fruits, ye shall offer them unto the LORD: but they shall not be burnt on the altar for a sweet savour.” Leviticus 2:9-12. Your first earning in the New Year belongs to God. First wage/salary you earn, first harvest, first income of every labour, first increase on every level, first child to be redeemed by money, first car to be redeemed by money. However, what you give is subjectable to your faith.
- Covenant of tithing. Tithing is paying ten percent of your income to God which makes the remaining ninety percent meaningful. Ten percent of your income belongs to God. Tithe is telling God He’s the owner of your soul. Malachi 3:10 “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” You cannot be a faithful tither and things be tight for you.
Our walk with God is beyond the size of our Bible, number of fellowships we attend or the Christian name we bear. You need to step up the level of your covenant walk with God this year because there lies the power to have dominion and flourish. Make up your mind to live by covenant. I decree that in 2017, you shall flourish in the mighty name of Jesus.